Below are details about NECC events.
- Learn to curl: Guided, on ice instruction provided in groups of 6 or less per instructor.
- The following is a guide used by our instructors. It provides details on what will be covered: Learn to Curl Guide 17-11-14
- Member Games or Pickup Games: Teams are generated at random the night of the game. Groups that would like to play together or against each other can. Depending on the numbers at the event, games can be doubles, 3-on-3, 4-on-4 or some mix thereof.
Note, refunds or only available for Learn to Curl and Pickup events if NorthEndCurling@gmail.com is notified 48 hours in advance.
What to Bring:
- No curling equipment necessary. All equipment will be provided by the club. If you have equipment you are more than welcome to use it.
- Signed waiver for each member of your group:
- Warm, loose-fitting, comfortable clothes. Ice is cold! Steriti doesn’t have a warm room. We recommend warm shoes, socks, hat, gloves and multiple layers. Jeans and other tight-fitting pants are not recommended due to the lunging position required in curling.
- Patience. We’re a new club that is 100% volunteer run. We might run into some hiccups during the event but we’re going to try our best to make sure you have a good time. If you have suggestions on how to improve the event then feel free to email them to us after the event.
- If you, or someone in your group, has a disability, please let us know and we will work with you to make sure we have every accommodation necessary ready.
When and Where:
- If you purchased Learn-to-Curl or Pickup Match spots through paypal (here) then an email confirmation will have been sent to the organizers email. Date details will be included in that confirmation email. If you’re already a member then check out league play dates here.
- All event start at 7:00 PM and runs to 10:00 PM at Steriti Memorial Rink. There might be some additional time at the end of the night for optional extra curling. Please, arrive 15 minutes early to check in and to turn in waivers if you are new to the club.
- Parking at the Elliot School will not be available due to construction. This looks to be an issue going forward for the rest of the Curling season (source). If you need to park then there are a few options listed below.
- Recommend taking the T (North Station or Haymarket Station) or other public transportation, if possible.
- There is some parking directly out front of the rink that we can use. I included a picture below. You can pull into the parking area (yes, it’s on the curb) where the red arrow is. LIMITED AVAILABILITY!
- Pilgrim Parking is $17. This is the closest parking garage, it’s essentially across the street (source).
- There is other parking in the area that is cheaper but further away. Parkopedia is useful in finding spots.
If you have any questions, then please send them to NorthEndCurling@gmail.com.