North End Curling Corporate/Private Curling Events are a great way to bring your organization together for a day of fun.
Please note – the club is only open from November – March. Availability listed below.
Corporate events consist of 2 to 2.5 hours of on ice curling. The ice and all equipment required to curl is included. Instructors teach in groups no larger than 5. Below is a breakdown of the event:
- 20-30 Minutes: Off ice discussion on curling rules, edict, and safety. Short stretch session. Assign 4-5 curlers to each team/instructor.
- 60 Minutes: On ice training in which teams learn the basics of curling: how to deliver a stone, how to sweep, basics of skipping, rules, and basic strategy.
- 60-70 Minutes: Mini games in which teams face off against each other.
What is not included:
- Food and beverages: We do not include food, beverages, ect. Food and drink is permitted in the building, but the organization must clean up after themselves. We recommend reaching out to one of the many great bars or restaurants in the area to organize food or beverages before or after the event. If you want to plan additional events outside of the rink at bars or restaurants, then let us know and we may be able to help you connect with local venues.
- Clothing and footwear: While the club provides all the curling equipment need, it’s important that participants come to the event wearing multiple layers of warm, comfortable, and loose-fitting clothes. Jeans and other tight-fitting pants restrict participants from getting into the lunge position needed to curl. Also, shoes with heels are highly discouraged (it’s hard enough to walk on ice as is it!).
- Parking: We have limited parking availability this year due to construction at the Elliott School next door. We have some parking immediately in front of, and beside the rink, but parking is limited to approximately 10 cars.
The North End Curling Club rents its ice at Steriti Memorial Rink which is managed by the DCR. The rink is open from November – March each year. Additionally, our club is 100% volunteer operated. Due to limitations on ice rink and volunteer availability, our club has limited corporate scheduling flexibility. Dates and times will be available as we approach the Winter 2019-2020 season.
Corporate events are sold by corporate event size. The two sizes are listed below:
- Group size of 16 people. We can accommodate a max group size of 20 people, but team sizes will be larger than a typical curling match. The event will include four teams playing on two dedicated curling sheets. A second corporate event may be organized for the other two curling sheets.
- Group size of 32 people. We can accommodate a max group size of 40 people, but team sizes will be larger than a typical curling match. The entire ice will be dedicated to your event. 8 teams will be playing on all four curling sheets.
*Organizations paying via Paypal will be charged 2.5% extra for processing charges.
Reserving a Spot:
If your organization is interested in a time slot, then let us know by emailing us at NorthEndCurling@gmail.com. We’ll confirm the time slot and group size. Payments are non-refundable within 4 weeks of the curling event. Once the spot is reserved, we will send out additional information that you can send your teams.
Other Corporation Events and Sponsorship Opportunities
The North End Curling Club is doing fundraising in hopes of buying our own set of curling stones (we currently rent the sets we’re using). We have opportunities to get involved in helping our club make roots in the neighborhood and grow while also getting your organization’s brand tied to a fun, up-and-coming club in downtown Boston!
- $500: 24×36″ metal sign with organization logo. The metal sign will be posted on the club’s storage boxes.
- $300: Organization name or other custom engraving on a curling stone handle.
- $4000: Organization name or other custom engraving on a set of 16 stone handles. The club will also name a playing sheet to the company.
- We’re a relatively new organization and are working on new opportunities. If you have an idea you’d like to run by us, then let us know.
Contact us at NorthEndCurling@gmail.com if you’re interested in any sponsorship opportunity.